The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the interconnection of uniquely identifiable embedded computing like devices with the existing Internet infrastructure. With Internet of Things (IoT) coming into prevalence the world is becoming increasingly connected and companies providing IoT testing services are emerging. From security systems, appliances, other emerging connected devices to the mobile apps are moving beyond computers, tablets and smartphones to just about every connected devices we can imagine.
Users don’t care why your product has failed in the connected chain and with time users will become more accustomed to connected devices and the Internet of Things (IoT), they’ll expect the new technologies to work flawlessly from the inception. The companies that focus on quality will ultimately be the brands that win. And IoT products testing will be the game changer.
A comprehensive QA(Quality Assurance) strategy is required to cover the depth and breadth of IoT testing. Our strategy includes the types of testing, Test Lab setup, testing tools and simulators that should be deployed.We split IoT test areas into two layers, as described below.
- The Device Interaction Layer:
This layer is where the software and the hardware components of a real-time IoT environment interact. One typical example is a Bluetooth device transmitting real-time data to a mobile device app. Many a times, lot of interaction testing occurs on the functional side of QA. However, other types of testing could also be required. The following are the broad types of other required elements, in addition to typical software testing:
- Conformance with Standards
• Identity and Authentication.
• Data Protection
• Data Encryption.
• Storage Data Security in Local and Remote Clouds.
- The User Interaction Layer:
This layer is the touch point between the Things and the users. The success of the overall system depends on the user receiving a seamless experience. Key testing areas in this layer include:
- Network Capability and Device Level Tests
- The IoT Services and Back-end IoT Environment
Our IoT Development Services
Hardware Design and Development
- Rapid prototyping & proof-of-concept designs
- Microcontroller selection
- Power module design and selection
- Sensor selection and interfacing
- Interface: SDIO, SPI, USB, UART
- Schematic Design
- Multi-layer PCB Design
Firmware Design and Development
- C/C++, LUA, Python
- Interrupt handling and time management
- Efficient loops
- Sleep/Deep sleep mode for power management
- Interfaces with network stack and cloud APIs
- HTTP, MQTT libraries
Data Transmission Design and Development
- Various network protocol like Wifi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, GSM, LoRa, LoRaWAN
- Device numbering and discovery mechanisms
- IoT gateways and aggregators
- OpenSource middleware platforms like OpenHab, Kaa
- IoT data aggregation using Mosquitto, broking and aggregating services
- Scalable queuing using Kafka
- Stream processing using Storm/Spark
- Data analytics and Actuation
- Data storage in database and retrieval with Elastic Search, MongoDB
Mobile App Development
- Responsive UI development with AngularJS, Bootstrap, D3.js
- Experience in developing application for enterprise as well as consumers
- Expertise in developing rich UI and UX for devices with small form factors
- Proven Track Record in delivering ‘Hybrid Apps’ as well as ‘Native apps’ in iOS and Android
- Development using cross-platform development environments like Xamarin, PhoneGap, etc.
- Expertise in integrating MBaaS as well as third party API’s
- Implementing notifications, logging, analytics, etc.
- Expertise in Document management for mobile platform, PDF annotation etc.